I am on an unintentional hat kick. How many hats does a person need? Apparently a whole basketful. I think I needed some quick projects because everything else I've been working on have been seemingly never-ending projects.
The culprits (aka the hats):
1. For William, the Dougie Dog Hat. I bought the yarn a few months ago for the whole set - hat, scarf, and sweater, but didn't feel like doing it until now (haven't started the scarf or sweater yet because HATS!).
2. For me, the Unoriginal Hat, which is, I think, THE quickest hat to ever knit up. As I said in my notes for this project on Ravelry, the yarn only cost me $1.46 too. Woo! I have enough yarn to make another one too for a gift.
3. Also for me, the Andean Chullo hat from KP. I wanted this when it was a kit, but didn't love the colors it came with. It's available as just a pattern purchase now, so I got it and did the hat in all browns because all of the new Palette colors KP came out with this fall were far too tempting. I'm done with the hat, just have to do the icord trim and tassels. It's ADORABLE.
4. For William, a Pumpkin Hat for the fall. I followed that pattern but used some of DiscKnit's modifications to make it look more pumpkiny. This hat was made from leftovers from William's blanket. I am also going to make newborn versions (1 or 2 depending on how much yarn I have!) for any babies born on Halloween in the birthing center at the hospital mom works at. I'm pretty sure this is the cutest hat ever created.
5. For me, I am nearly finished with the Tempest Beret, which I bought the yarn for almost immediately after getting this issue of Knitscene. I thought I'd give a different style hat a try.
6. After I'm through with the beret, I am going to CO one of several Banana Republic-style knock off hats that are on Ravelry. I prefer one pattern knit in a bulky, but I have worsted for this particular hat, but there is a different pattern for worsted too, so I'll just have to experiment a bit with this one, je pense. Oh, hat also for me (see??).
7. For me, with some Paton's SWS I have, I'll be doing the Herringbone Hat because that giant pompom is almost too adorable to resist.
8. And finally, when my yarn arrives, I will knit the Sub Rosa hat. I have the worsted yarn, which was going to be a different hat, but I realized when I printed the pattern that I didn't buy enough yarn, d'oh! So, since I wanted to knit this hat more, I decided to buy a skein of bulky weight to coordinate with my worsted and do this hat instead. I felt I had to take advantage of KP's lace sale anyway - I only bought three skeins, two of which are gift scarves! - so threw in the bulky weight skein also. And yes, this hat will be for me.
Cripes, it better be cold this winter (haha kidding. It better not be as freaking cold as it was last winter or I may die a little). I think I'm eager to have so many new hats this year though because I can wear them to work (like, while I'm working), so I'll have lots of super cute variety. Plus, I don't leave the house without a hat in the winter anyway. This took care of some much-needed stash-busting anyway.