I'm trying to convince myself more every day to take the plunge in attempting to open my own LYS. And so...Top Ten Reasons I Want to Open a Yarn Shop
1. I'm going to probably always have to work in some capacity. I need to do something that I enjoy, but where I will actually make more than a crap hourly wage. There are not many jobs that fall into this.
2. I could bring William to work with me. I would love to be a stay-at-home except I'd get bored and would feel I wasn't pulling my weight. Having my own shop would solve that.
3. There is a lack of yarn shops in my immediate area.
4. The yarn shops that are nearby-ish (well, the three closest that I've been to...) are lacking. One is too uppity for my tastes, one is too small and quiet, and my favorite one is lacking personality (otherwise I love it).
5. I'm smart enough to run my own business successfully.
6. I would be surrounded by yarn. All. The. Time.
7. I could knit at work without getting into trouble. :D
8. I could travel a little to acquire new products.
9. I'm a control freak, so this would be somewhere to harness that energy and put it to good use.
10. I really, really want to.